Opera print issues

Karel J. Bosschaart K.J.Bosschaart at tue.nl
Mon Sep 8 01:01:35 PDT 2003

On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 11:26:56PM +0200, Kees Jan Koster wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Opera won't print a site that I use regularly. I would like to know if
> this is a local issue, or something that the Opera folks should know
> about.
>
> To reproduce:
>
>  * start Opera
>  * browse to http://www.routenet.nl
>  * in the "ik wil naar" box marked "plaats" enter Amsterdam
>  * in the "ik vertrek van" box marked "plaats" enter Rotterdam
>  * Press "plan route"
>  * in the next screen, press "plan route" once more.
>  * press Opera's print button
>  * print "print" in the dialog
>  * move the popup around for a bit for additional effect
>
> My platform is a very recent FreeBSD-stable, Opera 7.20 B7, Cups 1.1.19.

On my -current with Opera 7.20 B7, I can't print that page: Opera starts
chewing CPU while the Opera window is not updated anymore (ie. switching
virtual desktop causes only the window decoration to be drawn, and moving
the popup is funny). After a couple of minutes I kill the process. I'm
using lpr for printing btw, if that matters.

I think I've seen earlier problems (last week) with printing, resulting
in a coredump but I didn't keep track of it since Opera coredumps quite
often for me lately, on -current as well as -stable (nevertheless it's my
favorite browser).

Karel.