IBM 120 G IDE -- problems

Jonas jonas at netwood.net
Sun Sep 7 20:27:23 PDT 2003

I have the exact same problem with two brand new MB's from Asus. The
model is P4P800 and P4P800-VM and all the drives are brand new Seagate
IDE drives. I have removed the CD-ROM drive and the box boots up fine
with Primary and Secondary master but as soon as I add a 3rd drive the
boot process hangs on ata0 (or ata1) "Resetting devices....". Changing
the drive to Cable-Select or putting the slave at the end of the cable
doesn't fix the problem either.

I'm going to call Asus tech support tomorrow but any thoughts
suggestions are appreciated.

Jonas Fornander - System Administrator
Netwood Communications,LLC - www.netwood.net
Find out why we're better - 310-442-1530