USB code doesn't permit bidirectional comunication with printers

Mark Terribile materribile at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 7 02:15:43 PDT 2003

Riccardo writes:

> I have an USB printer (Epson C40ux), and it works
> like a charm but currently I'm unable to ask ink
> level or align the head or obtaining
> any other info using "escputil"

Does the C40ux have a parallel port?  I have my
Stylus C82 connected on both the parallel and USB
ports.  I use the parallel port for  escputil  and
USB for printing, which would suck the processor
out the parallel port if I tried to put print traffic
over it.  The C40ux might be able to work the same
way.

                                      Mark Terribile