Images of FreeBSD

Kevin Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. kdk at daleco.biz
Sat Sep 6 19:15:42 PDT 2003

From: "Virgil" <virgil2u at cinci.rr.com>
To: <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 06, 2003 8:53 PM
Subject: Images of FreeBSD

I would like to know if their is any way I can find any images of
what the desktop looks like in BSD, I have searched extensively for
days and tried numerous ways to contact others and can't find
absolutely no information about BSD, I would like to know what it
looks like before I try to install it and also to see what programs
are with it and what programs are available for it, I am mostly
looking for a OS to replace Windows for video editing purposes.
Thanks very much for your time and hope to hear something soon.

Virgil Gross

There is a sticky thread on the forum
at freebsdforums.org, I believe in the
"FreeBSD General" category, in which
several people have posted screenshots
of their BSD desktops.

I don't know, on the other hand, how
many people are using BSD for video
editing.  It would likely be a rather
small user niche, but I could be quite
wrong.  The Good News:  Mac OS X
is based on BSD, stable as a rock, and
has lots of video editing SW available,
and a large user base in the community
of video editors.  Bad side, it isn't free.

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P