Kernel Compile Errors

Stefan Malte Schumacher s.schumacher at netcologne.de
Sat Sep 6 14:10:43 PDT 2003

Hi

After some playing with CURRENT I decided that 5.1-Release-P2 had all I
wanted, removed /usr/src/sys and installed the files back from CD. After
this I used cvsup to bring the sources up to P2. But now every kernel
compile fails - even GENERIC ! - and I have absolutely no clue why.
This is the error message :

@/../include/bitstring.h:32:27: sys/bitstring.h: No such file or directory
mkdep: compile failed
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules/netgraph/bluetooth/socket.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules/netgraph/bluetooth.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules/netgraph.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/sys/i386/compile/GENERIC.

Why is this not working and how can I fix this ?

Bye