mplayer one last time :(

Lee Harr missive at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 5 16:03:48 PDT 2003

>Hi, sorry for being ignorant, but I don't want to switch
>to another OS if freebsd can do the job.
>
>Based on the advices I installed the following
>on Freebsd 5.1:
>
>multimedia/openquicktime
>multimedia/mplayer
>www/mplayer-plugin
>www/mozilla (1.4)
>www/mplayer-fonts
>
>Still can't get mplayer working. I have all the required
>ports installed based on what the
>freebsd.com/ports website said, I can't think of
>anything else, I'm completely lost here.

Hi;

I just got mplayer working very well yesterday... I am
really impressed with what is working now!

On 4.8-STABLE  I had to recompile my kernel with:

options         CPU_ENABLE_SSE
options         CPU_ATHLON_SSE_HACK

I am not sure if there is something like this on
-CURRENT, but it might be worth looking through
the LINT-like file there. (I don't remember what it
is called, but since you are running current you
will know that  :o)