Help!!! Problems with dhclient....

Christopher W Rueber sirenscall at charter.net
Fri Sep 5 15:39:58 PDT 2003

I have looked through all the help files that I can find, handbook and
such (along with the Complete FreeBSD book).. And I just can't seem to
solve this problem:

I am setting up high speed internet for a Cable Modem. My cable provider
uses a DHCP setup, thus I have to use dhclient. I am running an NC100
ethernet card (using the tulip.o driver) - That seems to be working fine
(As it will obtain the DHCP information from my router when it is
setup). However, whenever I set my router to bridging (as I want to be
able to connect to the box when I'm away from home, and NATting doesn't
work real well for that), the box can't seem to use DHCP to get it's
information. My ISP provisions for 3 IP addresses, and I'm only using
one other (and I have checked to make sure that any previous are
released from the modem itself). I'm pulling an IP of 0.0.0.0 when I use
ifconfig. I've also went through my rc.conf file to make sure everything
is setup.it seems okay. Any ideas? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance for the help! (Please send email directly back to this
email address if any other information is needed, or you have a
suggestion!)

Replyto:sirenscall at charter.net

Chris.