Newbie - CD Burning Question

Todd Stephens tbstep at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Sep 3 14:41:07 PDT 2003

On Wednesday 03 September 2003 05:20 pm, Tony Pagliocco wrote:
> CD Burner is located on /dec/acd0c because it says no such file
> or directory is located.
>
> The command I am using is
>
> # burncd -f /dec/acd0c data /home/www/directory fixate

Are you typing /dev or /dec?  It should be /dev.  Also, according to
'man burncd', "the files burned to data CD-Rs are assumed to be ISO9660
file systems", so I think you need to take whatever file(s) you want to
put on the cd, and use mkisofs to create a ISO image.  I've never used
burncd though, so I can't be sure on that.

--
Todd Stephens