adding freebsd boot to grub

Desmond Lee desmond.lee at shaw.ca
Wed Sep 3 13:31:08 PDT 2003

Hey Josh

Thanks for your help. I just reinstalled freeBSD 4.8 all over again (I
think it's cause some how it got messed up). I then typed in the
following at the grub command line.

grub> rootnoverify (hd1,0)
grub> chainloader +1
grub> boot
-or- (this one's better)
grub> root (hd1,0,a)
grub> kernel /boot/loader
grub> boot

It's pretty much the same thing that you said, except it only works if
you change the 1 to a zero for the (hd1, 0, a) instead of (hd1,1,a). I'm
guessing that you can also modify the grub to have an extra option in
there that does the commands that you specified above. All you have to
do is modify the file the grub looks to when trying to find out what os'
are present in the hard disks?

Thanks again.

Desmond