20TB Storage System

Petri Helenius pete at he.iki.fi
Wed Sep 3 13:24:33 PDT 2003

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

>I am not sure I would advocate 64k blocks yet.

Good to know, I have stuck with 16k so far due to the fact that our
database has pagesize of 16k and I found little benefit tuning that.
(but it´s completely different application)

>I tend to stick with 32k block, 4k fragment myself.
>
>This is a problem which is in the cross-hairs for 6.x

You have any insight into the fsck memory consumption? I remember getting
myself saved quite a long time ago by reducing the number of inodes.

Pete