applications

Doug Love dlove at umuc.edu
Wed Sep 3 09:02:00 PDT 2003

A friend recommends your OS over Linux for my home system.
I've taken a 2 day Linux Admin course, and know just about that much.
I don't see a quick answer on your webpages to my questions.
Where can I find
   Fortran
    Basic
    A Database similar to Access
    Spreadsheets
    Pkzip

I hear a lot about the system being a server, but all I need to do is
browse the web and use email similar to Netscape.  How easy is it to set
up?

Douglas L. Love, Database Administrator         dlove at umuc.edu
UMUC Faculty Recruitment
SFSC Room 3271F                            Phone: 301 985 7071
3501 University Blvd. East                 Fax:   301 985 7075
Adelphi, MD 20783

For more information, look at http://www.umuc.edu/faculty/faq.html