Booting bit-by-bit (rc.conf broken)

Wed Sep 3 07:05:16 PDT 2003

My rc.conf file appears to be broken in some way, and this is preventing my system from booting. It boots to a heavily resticted system, with only the / file system mounted and the statically linked binaries available. Problem is, I can't edit my rc.conf or remove it. Is their any way I can either selectivly execute statements in the rc.conf during bootup (similar to the old dos method), or a way I can force login, so I can remove the damaged rc.conf.

Thanks

Colin.