Configuration files after portupgrade horde and imp

Heinrich Rebehn rebehn at ant.uni-bremen.de
Wed Sep 3 02:48:04 PDT 2003

Hi lists,

I just upgraded horde and php on our server via portupgrade.
After the upgrade nothing was working anymore, it was impossible to login to
horde anymore.
I noticed that my horde/imp configuration files had been replced by the default
files. My old files had been saved as <filename>.bak.

Is this expected behaviour? Wouldn't it be better to leave the config files
intact and install the new ones as <filename>.dist.new or something similar?
This way the application would still be working after the upgrade and i would
have time to inspect the new default config files for changes without being
disturbed by users complaining that they can't use their webmail interface anymore?

Kind regards,
--

Heinrich Rebehn

University of Bremen
Physics / Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Telecommunications -

Phone : +49/421/218-4664
Fax   :            -3341