mplayer quicktime killing me

Monah Baki mbaki at whywire.net
Tue Sep 2 17:44:32 PDT 2003

Hi,

I got mplayer and openquicktime running 3 days ago, don't know how I did and I can't seem to
replicate the procedure.

I'm running 5.1/Windowmaker, and I know I need to install from ports:
multimedia/openquicktime
multimedia/mplayer
www/mplayer-plugin
www/mozilla (1.4)

When I go to quicktime.apple.com/trailer, a white background shows up and no movie (it says
"mplayer-plugin - loading movie") nothing else.

However my xterm displays the following:

Reading config file /usr/local/share/mplayer/mplayer.conf: no such file or directory
Can't load font bitmap: iso-8859-1-a.raw

I searched my system for mplayer.conf, it does not exist.

Thank you (this time I'm documenting)