ISDN TA problem

Cole cole at acenet.co.za
Tue Sep 2 14:54:35 PDT 2003

Hi there

I just bought a new Asuscom 200 External ISDN TA. The problem im having is that when using ppp, it says it cannot deterct carrier the exact error msg is "NO CARRIER", ive read the manual and ive tried multiple different AT commands. The weird thing is sometimes it will dialup and connect and auth fine and all will be dandy. I then repeat the exact AT commands i issued to get it dial, adn it wont.

The modem works fine on windows, dials everytime, no problems nothing. So i opened up the .inf file for the modem to get the exact AT commands it was using, tried those, and nothing. I also wrote a program to listen on Freebsd on cuaa0, connected the windows pc to the bsd pc via a null modem serial cable, told windows to dial and captured the AT commands it tried to pass. I used those on the modem on freebsd with ppp and term, and it still gives NO CARRIER problem sometimes.

If there is anyone out there with any further suggestions or thoughts on the subject i would gladly appreciate.

Please reply to cole at acenet.co.za since im not subscribed to the list

Thanx
Cole / Stalker