ATA command timeout

Malcolm Kay malcolm.kay at internode.on.net
Tue Sep 2 05:45:42 PDT 2003

I recall having the same or, from somewhat vague memory, similar problem
some time ago. It was about the time when CD drives started being commonly
installed as master on the secondary port instead of as a slave. At that time
moving the CD to slave fixed the problem.

But then it might not work with the current round of difficulties.

Malcolm