FreeBSD 5.1 i386 not allowing incoming ftp connects?

chael at southgate.ph.inter.net chael at southgate.ph.inter.net
Mon Sep 1 18:40:48 PDT 2003

Hmm... funny, i have thought that inetd_enabled="YES" was default regardless
if it's in rc.conf or not. Because even it it's not in rc.conf, you can
still see it running when you ps -ax  (/usr/sbin/inetd -wW). I have my pop3
(which requires editing the inetd.conf) working even if that line is not in
my rc.conf.