Just curious, how large is FreeBSD?

Keith.Fortenbach at mail.uh.edu Keith.Fortenbach at mail.uh.edu
Thu Oct 30 13:23:31 PST 2003

I just purchased FreeBSD 5.1 and got it installed sucessfully-YEAH!-yesterday.  I am a "new newbie" with no previous experience with UNIX, so I feel this is a wonderful accomplishment.  I ran accross one problem, though.  Every time I installed ALL, the installation froze after about 30 minutes.  I tried this about 8 times and realized that every time it froze on the exact same place.  I eventually came to the conclusion that ALL could not fit on my hard drive (4Gb total) and installed the USER configuration with the X thing and only KDE packages and the installation was successful.  So was my conclusion correct?  Do I need a larger harddrive? Is 4Gb not enough for ALL?  How big is FreeBSD anyway?