Hi list...

Simon Gray simong at desktop-guardian.com
Wed Oct 29 08:47:21 PST 2003

> >         I'm running TACACS+ on a FreeBSD server to aaa and I was
wondering
> > if I can restrict the entrance to peoples until a time, I mean, I don't
want
> > to be able the connection to some address pools from 6:00 pm until 6am,
for
> > example...any clue ??? Do I need a script before authentication or what
???
> > Thanks...if someone knows if it can do it on the NAS ???
perfect...thanxxxxx

could you not have a cron job which stops the process at a certain time,
then
starts it back up at another time?

e.g. in '/etc/crontab' add the following

*<TAB>18<TAB>*<TAB>*<TAB>*<TAB>user_to_perform_action_such_as_root<TAB>/path
/to/tacacs/stop-script
*<TAB>6<TAB>*<TAB>*<TAB>*<TAB>user_to_perform_action_such_as_root<TAB>/path/
to/tacacs/start-script

replacing <TAB> with tabs

so it'll stop at 18 hours (6pm) and start at 6am

> No clue what TACACS+ is, but if it involves the network you may want to
look
> into ipfw and then setting up a cron job.

http://www.easynet.de/tacacs-faq/tacacs-faq-2.html

<snip>
What is TACACS, XTACACS, TACACS+, RADIUS?
All of them are protocols which allow a network access server (NAS, for
example a
Cisco 2511 or a 5300) to offload the user administation to a central server.
There
are now three versions of an authentication protocol that people commonly
refer to
as "TACACS", which is as acronym for "Terminal Access Controller Access
Control
System"
</snip>

hope this helps