System Backup help.

whizkid at ValueDJ.com whizkid at ValueDJ.com
Sun Oct 26 14:53:16 PST 2003

I have been running BSD for a week or so now.  I have everything setup
just right, Webmail, DNS, IMAP, Webserver, etc....

I just install a DDS-2 tape drive, I have been reading about using dump
for backing up filesystems.  How can I use dump to backup the entire
drive?  If I try using:

dump 0 -A ad0

it fails.. do I have to run dump on each slice?  I plan on setting up a
chron job that runs every night to do a incremental backup, then a full
backup at the end of the week.