saving russian files

sfinks12 sfinks12 at nm.ru
Sat Oct 25 10:06:08 PDT 2003

KDKDSP> CBuH. wrote:

>>Hello Q-s..
>>
>>I have some problems in saving russian
>>words/files/chars/sententces... to file
>>in ufs, I know that I does nothing in locale'n my box, but I want help on it.
>>Every russian symbol is shown as ``?'' and after saving to file and then --
>>openning it I have ``????? ??? ??????'' .... how can I fight this my issue?
>>
>>Thanks.
>>- --
>>
>>        CBuH. CG[CX] XVyGYjau 479001600 at mail.ru, ICQ#70929413

KDKDSP> Good english, but one thing isn't quite clear to
KDKDSP> me....localization is or  *is not* the issue?

KDKDSP> The handbook's localization chapter is
KDKDSP> chapter 14, at least in the EN_US version.

KDKDSP> Hopefully, someone over there will see your message
KDKDSP> in the morning, and have more insight than I do.

KDKDSP> Kevin Kinsey
KDKDSP> DaleCo, S.P.