Samba and ADS Support PLEASE...

Matt Edwards matthewedwards at comcast.net
Fri Oct 24 08:11:59 PDT 2003

Joerg,

That makefile looks like it will work much better, however I having some
trouble getting it to configure completely as well.  The config process
stops and the error says:

checking for memory keytab support...yes
configure: error: libkrb5 is needed for Active Directory Support
(report problem instructions)
*** Error Code 1
Stop in /usr/ports/net/samba-devel

I copied the three files to the locations you specified.  When I attempted
the make I used these params:

make WITH_ADS=yes WITH_LDAP=yes KRB5_HOME=/usr/local

I have OpenLDAP22 installed and went with the KRB5 port (this port is
installed with all of the defaults)  I have configured KRB5 so that I CAN
get a valid ticket from my ADS server using kinit.

Please let me know if there is anything further I need to do on my end!  I
am more than willing to work this issue out!

Thanks,

Matt