Where is the config file?

Dinesh Nadarajah dinesh_list at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 21 05:27:42 PDT 2003

I would like to know where pkg_add keeps its configuration file? I mean
when I execute the command 'pkg_add -r bzip2' how does it know that it
needs to fetch it from ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/...../packages-4-stable/
as opposed to packages-4-current?

Also, along the same note, I searched through the handbook but could
not find any information on how to convert a 4-STABLE to a 4-CURRENT. I
want to only use CURRENT software not update my kernel to CURRENT. Is
this possible?

If pkg_add -r is provided a URL to a CURRENT directory, would it fetch
all dependencies from the same directory or would it revert to its
configured URL to fetch the dependencies?

Thanks in advance.

-D