Upgrade HELP !?!?!??! desperate !?!?!

Brent Bailey misterb at bmyster.com
Fri Oct 17 10:46:56 PDT 2003

hello,
I just finished upgrading a freebsd 4.6 machine to the newest RELEASE
using CVSUP and the whole buildworld procedure.

the compiling went ok ..and the system is up ,,,however there are a few
problems...

1. for whatever reason the machine doesnt seem to read /etc/rc.conf
anymore for all the startup options..like network settings and other stuff

2. as well as the other stuff like apache & mysql dont startup from boot
anymore. I can start mysql manually but apache is giving me an error
saying shared library libmm.so.12 can not be found.

when i ran mergemaster after all the compiling and i chose to NOT have
rc.conf over written and chose to keep my original ..so i dont see why the
machine isnt reading the file

any help IS GREATLY appreciated !!

--
Brent Bailey CCNA