lpd setup for remote printer

Tom Parquette tparquet at twcny.rr.com
Wed Oct 15 18:22:18 PDT 2003

Garance,
rp=lp fixed that problem but something else showed up...
On Stargate I get the following:
Stargate# lpc status all
lp:
         queuing is enabled
         printing is enabled
         3 entries in spool area
         waiting for queue to be enabled on P3R-272.Tom.Parquette.name
Stargate#

But on P3R-272 I get:  (aps1 is a Lexmark definition I never finished)
P3R-272# lpc status all
lp:
         queuing is enabled
         printing is enabled
         no entries in spool area
         printer idle
aps1:
         queuing is enabled
         printing is enabled
         no entries in spool area
         printer idle
P3R-272#

Taking the messages at face value, it appears "lp" is enabled on P3R-272.
The searches I did not the message in the archives did not turn up anything.
Any ideas?
Thanks...