first time with growfs

Scott Renna srenna at vdbmusic.com
Sat Oct 11 08:53:54 PDT 2003

Hello all,

So I've been reading the man page for growfs and I'm ready to use it,
however, I'm concerned about not utilizing it properly and destroying
things.  Here's what I got:

I have my primary drive(ad0) split up like this.  The first partition is
a 6GB space which holds all of the slices for my FreeBSD 5.0.  The
second partition following that I've reserved as 6GB for my future
OpenBSD install.  Now, I'd like to create a new partition right AFTER
the OpenBSD reserved space and I'd like to add that additional space on
for the FreeBSD portion.  I'd like this to be transparent.  Basically,
I'm trying to increase the overall size of the FreeBSD partition.  Can
anyone recommend a best practice for this or point me to a good
reference?

Scott Renna