Cron

Scott Rothgaber scott at palmetto.tv
Thu Oct 9 05:57:44 PDT 2003

Good Morning!

I'm in the process of converting all of our servers from BSD/OS. One of
the things that I've always done is to copy all of the jobs from
`/etc/crontab' to root's crontab so that all of the system jobs are in
one place. FreeBSD's cron doesn't seem to like this, however. I'm seeing
a lot of "not found" errors. I tried adding...

PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin ; export PATH

...to the beginning of root's crontab but this does not work. Is there a
central location at which I can specify a path? `/etc/login.conf' would
be my first guess but the default path already contains the required
directories.

Thanks!
Scott