AFS Server + MAC + Jail

Kenny Freeman kennyf at pchg.net
Mon Oct 6 18:01:26 PDT 2003

On October 6, 2003 06:02 pm, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
> At 8:08 PM -0400 10/5/03, Kenny Freeman wrote:
> >I'm using the latest release of openafs, plus I keep my entire
> >system and kernel up to date with patches.  ...
> >
> >Anyways, my question is really just about AFS and whether or
> >not it works on  5.1-RELEASE.
>
> My understanding is that the server-side should work OK, but
> I don't know anyone who tried to run it in a jail.

Working on that atm (jailed afs). It seems that the rc script supplied by
openafs requires a kernel module (afs.ko) to be loaded - I'm modifying that
also atm (not really much of an rc script, will be when i'm done). The kernel
module fails to build on my machine - seems there are some header problems
and prolly more. I'll check with the afs related lists on that. (actually,
after I have afs properly setup now, the kernel module is required - afsd
dies with "Bad system call (core dumped)" without the kmod, i assume the
syscall in ? is provided by the kernel module.