low-scale presenter for FreeBSD?

Malcolm Kay malcolm.kay at internode.on.net
Mon Oct 6 05:44:37 PDT 2003

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 09:54, Gabriel Striewe wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Can anybody recommend a low-scale presentation programm in
> OpenOfficeImpress or PowerPoint style, but which does not use as much
> resources.

From other responses you'll see there are quite a number of options.

I guess you need to try a few to see which best suits what you have in mind.

I suggest you also take a look at xnview, at the very least it seems to be
resource conservative. In addition it will handle many, many graphical
formats, but does not itself generate graphics. You need something like xfig
or a paint program (or something else with which I probably have no
experience) to do that. I also find xv handy for cropping and resizing.

Malcolm