KMail export to Outlook
Andrew L. Gould
algould at datawok.com
Sat Oct 4 08:15:25 PDT 2003
On Saturday 04 October 2003 09:36 am, Chris wrote:
> Is there a way to take my mail (from KMail) and either export it to, or
> some other app that will allow me to pull in all the mail into Outlook2000?
> Best regards,
KMail allows you to create mailbox folders in maildir or mbox format.
Assuming the Outlook client is on a different computer than KMail, you can:
1. Make sure your /var/mail/username mailbox is empty.
2. Create an mbox email folder in KMail.
3. Move or copy all the messages you want to transfer into the new mbox
4. Close KMail.
5. Copy the new KMail (mbox) file to /var/mail/username.
6. Install, configure, start a POP server. (qpopper for example).
7. Download the email in to Outlook via POP.
There are probably simpler, more elegant solutions; but it works.
Best of luck,
More information about the freebsd-questions