Avaya Wireless Networking Problems

Darryl Barlow darrylb at iprimus.com.au
Sun Nov 30 23:18:10 PST 2003

I am a Linux user trying Freebsd.  I've installed 5.1 on two machines, one of
shich is connected to a wireless network through a TI pci cardbus adapator
and an Avaya Silver Wireless Network Card.  The card is recognised, the
configuration settings appear to be correct but ifconfig -a shows that there
is "no carrier".  I suspect that the problem may be interrupt-related, so the
next thing I will try is to check the interrupt settings in Linux and force
the same in NetBSD (I don't know how to achieve this yet but imagine it will
be in the documentation somewhere).

What I would apprciate is some advice as to best method to troubleshoot this
problem and correct it.

I must add that I like what I see of FreeBSD so far.  Installation was
painless and I like the Ports system.  I don't know if I will like it so much
that I replace my Debian unstable, but time will tell.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.