possible solution to cdbakeoven failing to detect ATAPI burners

Charles Howse chowse at charter.net
Thu Nov 27 09:03:15 PST 2003

Hi,
There has been signifigant discussion here in the past about cdbakeoven not
detecting ATAPI burners when run as an ordinary user.

I had this issue, and may have a solution.

Be sure your kernel is compiled with device atapicam.

As root do:
# chmod u+s /usr/local/bin/cdrecord
Which will allow cdrecord to run as suid root.

Then start cdbakeoven, enter the Settings dialog, click the CDROM Devices
icon, click the scanbus tab, click the rescan button.

Doing that detected my atapi burner as a scsi device!

Next, I clicked the Customize Defaults icon, and ticked 'do scanbus
automatically'.

Then I closed cdbakeoven, restarted it, and my atapi burner was detected!

I hope this works for you!
--
Thanks,
Charles

Random Murphy's Law:
An original idea can never emerge from committee
in its original form.