Can't install gaim on FreeBSD 4.x

Bryan Cassidy b_cassidy at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 26 11:35:50 PST 2003

I recommend you updating your source using cvsup, cd /usr/ports/net/gaim
&& make install clean. If it complains about an older version already
installed just install portupgrade /usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade. when
portupgrade is installed run the following command as root

#portupgrade gaim

That will get the latest version of gaim (which is 0.73)

I am using FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE-p13 and Gaim 0.73 works just fine. Don't
know anything about the msn protocol cause I don't use msn but with what
I use it for (aim + yahoo) it works just fine.