Starting new entries in /etc/rc.conf

Bill Schoolcraft bill at wiliweld.com
Wed Nov 26 11:28:53 PST 2003

At Wed, 26 Nov 2003 it looks like Jonas Manalive composed:

> Check /usr/local/etc/postfix/main.cf
>
> I believe it should be:
>
> mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain $mydomain
>
> I had the same problem, I changed to include this and set also
> myhostname, mydomain and myorigin. Now it is working perfectly!

Thanks Jonas,

Actually I went and did the following commands and I can now
send mail independently from my ISP's smtp server.  I haven't
changed anything yet in /usr/local/etc/postfix/main.cf

	postfix check

	postfix start

The manpage for "postfix" stated that "start" will also run
"check" but I ran it anyway.

My mail headers from this email show postfix setting it's mark.

Thanks again.

--
Bill Schoolcraft