newbie install question

Marty Landman MLandman at face2interface.com
Wed Nov 26 10:05:17 PST 2003

At 12:15 PM 11/26/2003, Bob Collins wrote:

>Have you resolved the truncated downloads? I would make sure that is not
>an issue prior to installing from the gz. You sure don't want the further
>aggravation of some file broken while installing.

What can/should I do other than make dist-clean prior to the rest? Guess I
didn't think about the issue being on my end. But of course it's possible,
not sure how to check it though. Hmm, maybe I should try another port,
something small perhaps and see if it has problems as well. I did several
installs from the ports no problem e.g. Apache, PostgreSql and then things
got a little chaotic. Samba afaik installed fine but my configuration
attempts quickly became fubar'd. I will get back to that eventually, using
ssh and ftp from my workstation is just fine for now. And my X11 install
didn't complete cuz I ran out of space on my /usr partition so I cleared
all that out.

Other than that haven't had any problems... and have been up and running
for 2 1/2 weeks now. :)

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc 845-679-9387
Sign On Required: Web membership software for your site