sis0 / sis1 dont play nice together

fbsd_user fbsd_user at a1poweruser.com
Mon Nov 24 17:48:28 PST 2003

First try some simple fixit steps below.

Verify that the PCI Nic cards is not in the first PCI expansion
slot. Slot closest to power supply.
Try  pciconf -lv  command to see if it gives you any useful info.
Disable any Bio's plug-n-play option.
Disable or set to auto any Bio's option to assign irq numbers to PCI
expansion slots.

Your only remaining option is to customize the kernel source by
adding the following device statement at the end of the kernel
source and then recompiling.

device  puc

An side effect of this device is that an more detailed probe of the
bios is done for PCI devices. It can determine that all 3 of your
Nic cards are using irq 9, the ms/windows shared PCI bus irq, and
reassign 2 of the Nics to other irq numbers.

You have nothing to lose in trying.