Arplookup error

Michael L. Squires mikes at siralan.org
Mon Nov 24 17:25:37 PST 2003

> Sorin Chiorean wrote:
>
> > I doesn't seem to show up on a regular base.
> > This is an example from a log file :
> > Nov 24 12:16:45 nira /kernel: arplookup 100.93.140.1 failed: host is not
> > on local network

I've seen this when the IP number is not in the network defined by the
IP number and netmask bound to that interface.  The organization I worked
for had a single class B subnet which they subnetted into multiple class
C subnets, but they passed traffic from more than one class C subnet at
the same time through the building switches and FreeBSD didn't like it.

Mike Squires