services bootup order

Jean-Baptiste Quenot jb.quenot at caraldi.com
Mon Nov 24 07:50:42 PST 2003

* Antoine Jacoutot:

> I know this  error appears because sendmail  starts before MIMEDefang,
> so my question is: how can  I make MIMEDefang starts before sendmail ?
> The MIMEDefang startup script is located under /usr/local/etc/rc.d

Make a symlink from /etc/rc.d/mimedefang.sh to
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/mimedefang.sh, as sendmail is started from
/etc/rc.d in FreeBSD 5.1.

You could also disable entirely sendmail, and start postfix in
/usr/local/etc/rc.d, by making a link to /usr/local/sbin/postfix.  With
sendmail, I don't think it's possible that way.

Cheers,
--
Jean-Baptiste Quenot
http://caraldi.com/jbq/