Error mounting /dev/acd0 on /dist during install

john john at duophone.com
Mon Nov 24 00:54:44 PST 2003

Apprently quite a few people have had this problem. During the install for
5.0 or 5.1 Release, immediately after I select my installation means, I'm
given the error "Error mounting /dev/acd0 on /dist: Input/output error (5)"
after which I'm told "unable to initialize selected media. Would you like to
adjust your media configuration and try again?". Ftp won't work cause it
can't seem to configure my network card. So I'm stuck.

The strangest part is that a few months ago when I first installed 5.0
Release I had no such problems. Everythign went off without a hitch. Now
this, even with the same cd I used to install the system the first time.

Any have a clue what's wrong and how I can fix it?

~john