newbie: to pipe the result of a program as commandline parameter for another.

Charles Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Sat Nov 22 11:45:26 PST 2003

On Nov 22, 2003, at 8:02 AM, Zhang Weiwu wrote:
> Hello. I just checkouted a big program. What I want to do is to remove
> all CVS/ folders from the hierarchy.  There might be other ways to do
> so (give me a hint?).

Do a "cvs export" instead:

        export Prepare copies of a set of source files for shipment  off
  site.
               Differs from `cvs checkout' in that no cvs administrative
direc-
               tories are created (and therefore `cvs commit'  cannot
be  exe-
               cuted  from  a directory prepared with `cvs export'), and
a sym-
               bolic tag must be specified.  (Does not change
repository;  cre-
               ates directory similar to working directories).

--
-Chuck