MailScanner and sendmail

Micheal Patterson micheal at tsgincorporated.com
Fri Nov 21 12:25:22 PST 2003

Has anyone successfully gotten MailScanner working with a version of
sendmail from version 8.12.9 onward?  I tried to add this last night and ran
into an evil circle of permissions issues. Set normally, mail would go into
the clientqueue after scanned, but owned by root with 600 permissions and
the smmsp account couldn't read these files, then with sendmail and
MailScanner set to use smmsp user / groups, it could send form clientqueue
but the sendamil daemon couldn't store mail in mqueue. I would like to use
this as it's got advantages over using Amavis however, with this much hassle
on a stock sendmail installation, I'm beginning to think it would just be
best to stick with Amavis and forget about the hassle.

--

Micheal Patterson
TSG Network Administration

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is
message.