200gb hard drive?

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Fri Nov 21 06:21:33 PST 2003

Omer Faruk Sen writes:

>  Thanks for all answers. That space problem was bothering me all
>  the times and I have learnt the reason for space loss. By the way
>  I admit that I have to make more search on google before sending
>  that to here.
>
>  But it can be very nice that this information to be added on
>  handbook. Or is it in handbook already?

	I think it's in the FAQ.
	A better question for the list: did something change in "df"
sometime in 5.x?  Because the numbers in the three columns used to
match (modulo rounding error); if you dipped into the reserve pool
it showed as negative free space available - a _very_ obvious visual
marker something was wrong.
	(I'd been wondering why I get this:

huff@> df -h
Filesystem    Size   Used  Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/da0s1a   484M   111M   334M    25%    /
devfs         1.0K   1.0K     0B   100%    /dev
/dev/da1s1d    44G    19G    22G    47%    /usr
/dev/da0s1d   989M    38M   872M     4%    /var

	and wondering whether it foretold some larger problem.
)

				Robert Huff