FreeBSD beside WinXP

Jud judmarc at fastmail.fm
Thu Nov 20 18:44:58 PST 2003

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 08:49:49 +0800, <chael at southgate.ph.inter.net> wrote:

> Thanks for all the replies. And yes, that's what my FAT32 is for... sort
> of
> a mediator for the different OSes which also contains important files
> but no
> directories for working applications.
>
> Ok, let me get this in short. You basically recommend me to follow this
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/disks.html#NT-BOOTLOADER
> ?

Or look at GAG (free graphical bootloader, automagic), Grub (in ports,
very configurable, requires reading the documentation closely but will
teach you a lot about bootloaders), use FreeBSD's own bootloader (not
fancy, but it works), or one of the other solutions mentioned in the
extensive mailing list discussions I mentioned you might want to
search/read.  :)

Jud