Selecting a Window Manager at X Startup

Barry Skidmore skidmore at digital-village.net
Thu Nov 20 11:49:03 PST 2003

I have both Gnome and KDE installed on my 4.9-RELEASE system, and would
like to be able to choose between them at X startup.

I found a port called 'wmanager' that sounds like it will do what I
need.  However, there is no man page or other documentation available on
the web, so I have not been able to configure the '.wmmanagerrc' file.
I have also been unable to find the 'wmanagerrc-update' program which is
supposed to do this for you.  The author's web page no longer exists.

Has anyone else used either this program or something similar?

Thanks,
Barry

========
"wmanager is a small X11 application for selecting a window manager at X
startup. wmanager looks for a file named '.wmmanagerrc' in the user's
home directory which contains a list of window managers; you can create
such a file with wmanagerrc-update"