DVD Burning

Charles Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Thu Nov 20 11:40:48 PST 2003

Hi, Chris--

On Nov 20, 2003, at 12:15 PM, Chris Meyers wrote:
> I am at a loss. Does anybody have any suggestions about what I need to
> do to make this work? Is there some other way to burn dvds? Do I need
> do some kernel recompilation? I have installed dvd+rw-tools but haven't
> found any good docs, and there doesn't seem to be a man page.

No, you shouldn't need to patch or recompile a 5.x kernel since it
should already have ATAPICAM.  With regard to dvd+rw-tools, see "man
growisofs" and /usr/local/share/doc/dvd+rw-tools/index.html, which you
could invoke as something like:

	growisofs -Z /dev/acd0c=file.iso

...although the output of dvd+rw-mediainfo on the disk you just
attempted to burn might also be interesting to see.

--
-Chuck