Contribution mechanism

Yann-Gaël Guéhéneuc yann-gael at gueheneuc.net
Thu Nov 20 10:35:41 PST 2003

	Hello,

	First, I apologize if my question is directed to the inappropriate
mailing list or has already been answered (in this case, could someone
redirect me with the answer).

	I am giving a lecture about software project management and I thought
it would be interesting for my student to know more about open source
projets.
	So, I would like to know more about the processus to contribute to
FreeBSD code? Let assume I downloaded source from CVS, and I wrote a
patch for some part of the system, how do I submit my patch, to whom
should I direct my patch, how will review my patch, and will
accept/reject it? I am also interested in any information about the
management of FreeBSD code, its quality...

	Thank you very much in advance,
	Regards,
	Yann-Gaël

"I have seen things  you people would not
believe.  Attack ships on  fire  off  the
shoulder  of  Orion.  I  watched  C-beams
glitter in the  dark near  the Tannhauser
gate.  All those  moments will be lost in
time like tears in the rain.
Time to die."
        Roy Batty - Blade Runner
        www.yann-gael.gueheneuc.net