nfsiod starting

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Wed Nov 19 06:36:04 PST 2003

David Bear <David.Bear at asu.edu> writes:

> I have release 5.1 installed.
>
> I have not enabled any nfs stuff, and usually disable anything to do
> with it such as rpcstat.d etc.
>
> still, somewhere nfsiod was started.  I didn't enable it in my rc.conf
> ========
> defaultrouter="129.219.120.129"
> hostname="ppsrvx.pp.asu.edu"
> ifconfig_rl0="inet 129.219.120.163  netmask 255.255.255.192"
> kern_securelevel_enable="NO"
> sendmail_enable="NONE"
> sendmail_flags="-bd"
> sendmail_outbound_enable="NO"
> sendmail_submit_enable="NO"
> sendmail_msp_queue_enable="NO"
> sshd_enable="YES"
> usbd_enable="YES"
> =========
>
> and I don't see where it's enabled in /etc/defaults/rc.conf..
>
> any idea what started these and how to disable them..
>
> btw, the only thing in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ is postfix..

You may need to ask on the -CURRENT list; those of us not running 5.x
won't know a whole lot about the "next generation" rc scripting work
that's been going on in 5.x for some time now.  There's some documentation
on it in the handbook, but it's still somewhat meager; those are the
breaks of running a "technology preview" release of the OS.