mysql can't finf shared library

Ryan Merrick sandshrimp at comcast.net
Sun Nov 16 17:31:11 PST 2003

Gary Kline wrote:
> 	After upgrading to the latest mysql323-client and reinstalling
> 	my root password, here is what happens:
>

> mysqladmin -u root password 'fooobar1234'
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libmysqlclient.so.10" not found
> root at tao:/etc# locate libmysql
> /usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a
> /usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so
> /usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.10
>
> 	Anybody know what's going on here?  Is this a known bug?
>
> 	thanks, people,
>
> 	gary

Hello,

I have been seeing this too. I originaly fixed it with
#mdconfig -m /usr/local/lib/mysql

The LD config man page refeneced #/etc/ld-elf.so.conf for extra paths
but rc never calls it. The default paths for ld-elf.so.conf are defined
in #/etc/defaults/rc.conf. I just added mysql to the list.

There is a 2 year old pr on the man page problem...

-Ryan Merrick