kdeinit problem with LDAP users

Antoine Jacoutot ajacoutot at lphp.org
Sat Nov 15 11:41:22 PST 2003

Hi !

I'm having a problem starting kde (with "exec startkde" in my .xinitrc).
The screen freezes waiting for something that does not seem to load.
I get the following error: kdeinit could't not start, please check your kde
installation.
Now, this happens for my users (homedir mounted with NFS) authenticated with
LDAP, but if I creat a local testuser on the box, kde works fine...
I configured pam.d/system,  pam.d/login ans pam.d/kde for LDAP authentication.
I can login fine, startx... anything but starting KDE.
I also completely rebuilt KDE... doesn't work better.

Any idea ?
Thanks in advance.

--
Antoine Jacoutot