beeping on console...NOT X - related question

William O'Higgins william.ohiggins at utoronto.ca
Fri Nov 14 15:19:36 PST 2003

On a related note, where do you set the amount of scrollback kept in the
console or xterm?  If I want to Shift-PageUp I can only go a few screens
before stopping.  I don't need to scroll back to the beginning of
something really silly like 'find / *e*', but I'd love to be able to get
back to the beginning of 'dmesg' (I know, I should pipe to 'less' or a file,
but I like being able to retrace my steps when I realize partway through
that I should have been running 'script').  Thanks.
--

yours,

William